Tier 4 students

Important information for international students on a tier 4 visa

As an international student on a tier 4 visa you are not permitted to work as a self employed freelancer or run any kind of business. You are permitted to work up to 20 hours a week if you are studying an undergraduate degree. Your 20 hours maximum also includes any volunteering. You can take on full time work during vacations and you can go on placement as part of your course. Some things to consider around volunteering are:

If you are an international student on a tier 4 visa then please let a member of the team know. That way they can kind find an appropriate project for a charitable organisation. Unfortunately under the terms of your visa you can’t be paid for that work but I am sure you will recognise the value in providing your skills to an organisation set up to help others.

If you need further information please visit the Solent Creatives office.